Commercial Energy Performance Certificates
EPCs (Energy Performance Certificates) and DECs (Display Energy Certificates) are required for most non-domestic buildings on construction, sale or rent.
We can help you to:
- Meet your legal obligations regarding building certification
- Make recommendations to cut your energy use, costs and CO2 emissions
EPCs for Commercial Buildings
A commercial EPC works in much the same way as a residential EPC, assessing properties on factors such as the materials used in their construction and the degree of insulation they have. Once all this has been taken into account, a grade is given from A to G, along with advice on how to improve a building's rating. This can lead to significant savings for commercial property owners.
- EPCs are required for the sale or letting of commercial buildings (non - dwellings) and are valid for up to 10 years
- Legally required before marketed for sale or let
- The maximum penalty for non-compliance is currently £5K, enforceable by Trading Standards. The penalty notice also includes the requirement to produce a valid EPC.
Call us today if need a commercial EPC in Glasgow
Display Energy Certificates (DECs) for Public Buildings
DECs indicate the real energy usage of a building and its operational rating, helping the public see the energy efficiency of a building. This is calculated by examining the energy consumption of the property as recorded by the gas, electricity and other meters.
- The DEC must be displayed at all times in a prominent place within the building and be clearly visible to the public. A DEC is always accompanied by an Advisory Report that lists cost effective measures to improve the energy rating of the building.
- Currently Display Energy Certificates are only required for buildings that are occupied by a public authority or an institution providing a public service to a large number of persons with a total useable area greater than 1000m2.
- Display Energy Certificates are valid for one year. The accompanying Advisory Report is valid for 7 years.
- Penalties for not having a DEC certificate: local authority can issue a penalty charge notice of £1500 for failing to display a DEC certificate at all times.
Services and Prices
Utilising the latest in SBEM Software, either through ISBEM or IES, Dynamic Thermal Modelling, we provide quality, accurate certification to our non-domestic customers.
Through an onsite survey and review of available data, Nexus Energy Solutions can accumulate all the required information in a hassle free way to the client.
We then produce a bespoke survey report with detailed recommendations and budgetary implications for each property.
Nexus Energy Solutions have been producing these calculations for many clients as part of their design duties for large and small projects that they have been involved in to satisfy the Technical Standards in Building Warrant.]
Call us today or send an e-mail for further information
"Saving energy, saving money and saving the environment"